Sunday, May 30, 2010

Serendipitous Sack Stapling

I'll get to the reason behind the title in a minute.

The four of us have become three, as Miss Malice Aforethought left us to go play around in San Francisco with her son and some FSD cast members that are getting married. We are now in Fayetteville, Arkansas for the Razorback Fair.

EVERYTHING here is a Razorback something or other... and the people here go nuts for the pig races at the fair.

For me, though, it's all about the Banana Derby (seriously, what's better than Capuchin monkeys riding dogs- who are, in fact, all rescues from shelters?).


The fair was supposed to open on Friday, but it was put off until Saturday because the rides began sinking where they were originally placed. Everything had to be moved over night... The carnies really had to bust their balls to get the rides up. Thanks to all of their hard work, the fair opened at noon on Saturday.

The crowds here have been great. Some are brighter than others, but all have been enthusiastic. There are shows every hour at the fairgrounds and there is always something to do and see. If you're nearby, you should check the Razorback Fair out.

Between shows, we have been practicing throwing knives. I improved greatly today. I finally stuck all six knives in the wood- and in the spots where I had been aiming. Maybe soon I will have a new skill to add to my list! I'm also trying for hooping and juggling, but I have a bad habit of dropping hoops and balls.

Anyway, tonight was a bit more interesting than normal. After our third, and final, show of the evening, the owner's spawn came out for some tip stapling. Naturally, they seemed to want to see what else they could staple. About twenty minutes after the show, they came back with $100 and The Reverend Tommy Gunn got to staple his junk... A first for him.

For those of you that are curious, he seems to be in excellent condition and I believe he is out drinking with a bunch of fair workers at some silly country bar. The Amazing Chris and I would have gone, but a bar with country music doesn't really sound appealing since neither of us drink. Nor do we like country music.

If The Reverend Tommy Gunn somehow does not end up coming back to the roach motel in one piece, I will surely let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment